Damien started working on his drawing machines in 2014. The machines are built in an iterative process using mechanical components, electronics and programming code.
Over the past four years, the artist’s drawing machines have been added to the Victoria & Albert museum (London, UK) permanent collection, commissioned by Christian Dior Couture (Paris), used in a residency project with Samsung Electronics (Seoul), and have been exhibited at the Southbank Centre (London), Kinetica Art Fair and at the major Creative Machine exhibition at Goldsmiths, University of London.
In it’s current state, the drawing machine uses pens and markers to draw lines and points.
– Oct 2017: The Other Art Fair – Truman Brewery, London, UK
– Jan 2017: Art Rooms 2017 – Melia White House, Regents Park, London, UK
– Oct 2016: Made In Clerkenwell – Craft Central, Clerkenwell, London, UK
– Apr 2016: Solo Exhibition – Craft Central, Clerkenwell, London, UK
– Jan 2016: Top Drawer – Craft section, Olympia, London, UK
– Dec 2015: Solo Exhibition, White Conduit Project – London, UK
– Summer 2015: Web We Want and Love festivals, Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre – London, UK
– 12-14th Dec 2014: Maker Faire Sanford, Surrey, UK
– Nov 2014: Creative Machine Exhibition, Goldsmiths College – London, UK
– Oct 2014: Kinetica Art Fair, London, UK
– Sep 2014: MoOD Brussels – Brussels, Belgium